I have a very dear friend who is probably one of the most amazing artists I have ever known. All he has ever been about is art, but his dream is to publish comic books of his own design. He has some fantastic ideas, ideas that are unique and would reach a wide audience. If you would like to see some of his work, check it out here. This post is mostly for him, but if you are an aspiring comic book artist who has ever dreamed of self-publishing a digital comic book, Graphicly is for you!
1. Digitally Publishing to Every Format – Graphicly is a brand new program (the direct to public version is still in beta testing) that allows the comic book artist to publish their self-made comic book to iBooks, Amazon Kindle Fire and Nook Color. Artists can sell their comic book outright without going through DC or Marvel or Image after a $150 start up fee for each book.
2. Vast Analytic Tools – Graphicly features tools that tell the publisher/artist how long people read their book, number of total readers, stats on sales and which books are most popular.
3. Integrates With Facebook – Graphicly integrates all comics through Facebook for better marketing potential for the artist. This combines the marketing efforts of Graphicly with Facebook to double an artist’s marketing tools.
4. Authors Get More Profit – After the initial $150 startup for each book, the artist is able to keep a larger share of the profits much like the shares offered by Amazon KDP and Nook. But given the fact that Graphicly includes marketing in that startup price and the book is also linked in to Facebook, the marketing costs are remarkably low. As anyone who has tried to purchase ads for their books knows, marketing can get very expensive very fast. $150 is a small fee to pay to have wide distribution through every e-book publishing market and marketing.
5. Own Your Own Brand – Comic book creators can own their own brand so that they are not simply some e-comic floating around out there. This cuts out the middle-man brand so that your content can be seen by everyone who wants to purchase it.
If you are a comic book creator and want to publish your own comic book, you can simply give Graphicly your e-mail address here. It is only available to publishers right now, but in the next few weeks they will open it up to everyone who dreams of publishing their own comic book. They will notify you by e-mail if you sign up.