Apparently, I have been nominated for “The Versatile Blogger Award”. Thank’s for the nomination, Corey M.P.!
I have only been blogging seriously now since December, and have had some pretty good success in building my platform this way. I blog on several topics, mostly writing, but sometimes I have to sound off on several diverse topics. I guess that makes me versatile.
The rules of accepting the nomination:
Thank the person who nominated me. Done.
Include a link to his/her blog. Done.
Nominate fifteen blogs I enjoy and follow. That’s easy. I follow a lot of great blogs, and if you don’t see yours listed below I had to keep it to 15.
Inform said bloggers about their nominations. Done.
Lastly, share seven things about myself. Done. See below.
7 Random Things About Me:
- I wrote my first novel at 15, entered it in the Avon Flare Novel Competition (now defunked) and out of thousands of entries, mine was one of 20 singled out for the winner. (If I had only edited it like a good writer I would have won, I’m sure). Now I sound like Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite.
- I have 4 wonderful kids ages 6, 8, 10 and 12. My oldest is a boy and the rest are girls, and they are the center of my world.
- My wife is my bizarro opposite and is the reason I keep things together and don’t lose my mind.
- I have a tattered notebook with 20 ideas for novels completely outlined and ready to go. Now to find time to write them all.
- I am distantly related to Ulysses S. Grant, former president and drunken Civil War general.
- I spent 5 weeks in the heart of mainland China.
- I love to read Taylor Mali’s poetry.
Here are my nominations:
Abominations by Marc Schuster – Posts some of the best interviews and writing tips.
The Blog Posts of J.A. Prufrock by Louis Broadbent – Fantastic Writer’s Blog
Bucket List Publications by Leslie Carter – Great Travel Blog
The View Outside by Vikki – a blogger taking the 365 Day Challenge
David Gaughran – Great site. Is an advocate for self-publishing and has written some very good books on the subject.
I’ve Been Reading – a blog about thoughts after reading the Bible verse by verse.
Corey M.P. – The blog that nominated me, but a really good blog about the writing process.
A Side of Writing by H. Conrad Miller – A fantastic writer blog that deals with the brass tacks of the writing process.
Mike Is Happy by Mike Silvia – This guy’s blog is one of the funniest out there. Tune over there if you want a good belly laugh.
30 Minute Fiction by Nick Rolynd – Nick turns out some of the most wonderful poetry on an almost daily basis. It’s good stuff and everyone should check it out.
Panopticprose – I’m a sucker for budding writer chatter on a blog. I love to read about other people’s processes and it helps me write better stuff.
The Thought Storage – This is a blog where this particular writer “stores his/her thoughts” about writing. There are tons of posts on here about the quirkiest writing ideas and tips and strategies.
Broad Side Blog by Caitlyn Kelly – A life-long journalist, she gives writers a glimpse into the real world of traditional publishing like few others. I love to read her blog for industry news and sometimes just because she posts some fun entries.
The Time is Write by Alena Dillon – She will write the coolest flash fiction on her blog. I love reading it.
The Writing Aficianado – Another writer who airs her writing thoughts and process through a blog. I love reading these.