Some great and informative writing/publishing posts hit the net this week. Here are a few I thought were noteworthy for every writer/self-publisher out there.
1. Rian Johnson – The screenwriter gives us some insight into his own writing process for writing the original screenplay for the new film Looper which stars Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon Levitt. There is also a cool video of the interview.
2. Niche Tastes – An article over at Forbes proves that catering to niche tastes on a blog or in writing books is actually a good way to find and keep an audience.
3. PenguinGroup Sues Authors – Yet another story that shows a more unfortunate side of traditional publishing.
4. Reminder Marketing – Jeanniey Mullen over at Clickz has a great article about the shelf life of our internet content and how we can use a neat little marketing tool to keep our content in front of readers.
5. Your Blog Could Become a Book Deal – Allie Hagan’s fictional blog story about the life of Suri Cruise, daughter of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes is now becoming a published book.
- Film Review: Looper (2012) (filmblerg.com)